Free Zoom Webinar
Worry and distress are feelings that many people feel occasionally when faced with potential harm. Others may live with more chronic anxiety about upcoming events in their lives by feeling tension and ongoing nervousness. Anxiety can cause distress and un-ease in dealing with everyday life. Many different ways exist to gain more ease, improve anxious feelings and/or even prevent anxiety.
1. Review the definitions of anxiety, stress, and trauma.
2. Examine the symptoms of anxiety including the impact of anxiety on health and the factors that can affect stress.
3. Identify assessment and screening tools for anxiety with linking referral resources for support and treatment
4. Evaluate the importance of self-care and how to use self-care tips to mediate stress.
Trainer – Mestisa C. Gass, PsyD., Program Director at Mental Health America of Hawaii
Free Zoom Webinar
Use of opioids such as heroin, morphine, and prescription pain relievers has expanded to levels of dependency in many individuals. Several factors contribute to the breadth and complexity of this urgent problem: severe chronic pain, greater use of prescriptions, aggressive marketing by pharmaceutical companies, among others. Updates about treatment, services, solutions, and resources exist here in Hawaii to reduce harm and improve quality of life for all.
1. Review approved medications to treat opioid use disorder.
2. Discuss opioid intervention and updates about management of opioid use disorder.
3. Summarize referral resources and services are available for opioid-dependent clients in Hawaii and how to assist in the coordination of care.
Trainers – Heather Lusk, MSW, Executive Director of Hawaii Health and Harm Reduction Center and Christina Wang, DNS, Nurse Practitioner at Hawaii Health and Harm Reduction Center