Free Zoom Webinar
Use of opioids such as heroin, morphine, and prescription pain relievers has expanded to levels of dependency in many individuals. Several factors contribute to the breadth and complexity of this urgent problem: severe chronic pain, greater use of prescriptions, aggressive marketing by pharmaceutical companies, among others. Updates about treatment, services, solutions, and resources exist here in Hawaii to reduce harm and improve quality of life for all.
1. Review approved medications to treat opioid use disorder.
2. Discuss opioid intervention and updates about management of opioid use disorder.
3. Summarize referral resources and services are available for opioid-dependent clients in Hawaii and how to assist in the coordination of care.
Trainers – Heather Lusk, MSW, Executive Director of Hawaii Health and Harm Reduction Center and Christina Wang, DNS, Nurse Practitioner at Hawaii Health and Harm Reduction Center
Training: “It’s Our Kuleana” Trauma Informed Care for Child Sex Trafficking Victims
Date: September 26th
Check-in: 8:30 AM ; Start Time: 9:00 AM ; End Time: 4:00 PM
Location: Bank of Hawaii Ka Nu’u Ho’oulu Conference Center
Address: 130 Merchant Street. 22nd Floor Honolulu. HI 96813
Parking: Ali’i Place, Harbor Court, or Chinatown Municipal Parking
Price: $15, CEU Credits also offered at $35. Lunch available for purchase
1. ACES & Trauma
2. Trauma & Attachment
3. Building the Beloved Community
4. Empowering Clients Through Their Gifts
Shandra Carter-Inoue, LCSW
Aunty Pua & Pua ‘Ena Burgess
Child & Family Service, Catholic Charities Hawaii, Consuelo Foundation
For more information: email@example.com | 808-445-3131