COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
WEBINAR 12. Food Access and Food Sustainability in Hawai‘i
Join experts to learn about food access and security at the state and county levels. Panelists provide an overview of food insecurity issues in Hawaiʻi, specific roles played by their organizations, and how Hawaiʻi’s food sustainability work has pivoted in response to COVID-19. An analysis of gaps highlights the need to invest in farming and throughout the supply chain to prepare our state for future challenges.
Here are some helpful resources mentioned by our presenters:
- Presentation slides.
- DA BUX Double Up Food Bux Access Card Sign up locations.
- Hawaiʻi Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Hawaiʻi Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC).
- Hawaiʻi Childrenʻs Action Network COVID-19 Resources Map.
- Grab and Go meals map, Hawaiʻi DOE.
- ʻAina Pono Program, Hawaiʻi DOE.
- Hawaiʻi Farm Bureau.
- Hawaiʻi Farm to School Hui, Hawaiʻi Public Health Institute.
- Healthy Eating + Active Living Coalition (HEAL), Hawaiʻi Public Health Institute.
- ASU online degrees in Food Policy and Sustainability Leadership, including some scholarship availability.
- County of Kauaʻi:
- City and County of Honolulu:
- County of Maui:
- General County of Maui website.
- COVID-19 Maui Nui website, County of Maui.
- Shop Local Directory, Common Ground Collective.
- Feed My Sheep mobile food distribution program.
- Maui Food Bank.
- Hawaiʻi Emergency Laulima Partnership (H.E.L.P) Program for urgent financial needs, Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc.
- Grow Some Good.
- County of Hawaiʻi:
- COVID-19 Response Website, County of Hawaiʻi.
- Hawaiʻi Island Food Alliance Website.
- The Food Basket, Hawaiʻi Islandʻs food bank.
- Hawaiʻi County Food Access Resources Spreadsheet.
- Activate Hawaiʻi Aid, COVID-19 emergency assistance for Hawaiʻi Island.
- Vibrant Hawaiʻi, a hub of resources and information for COVID-19 response.
- The Kohala Center.