COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
WEBINAR 16. Transformation of Higher Education During COVID-19
Hear from public health representatives at our local universities (Hawaiʻi Pacific University and University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Office of Public Health) on how they are working to ensure the safety of faculty, staff and students as they approach re-opening. Learn what resources and protocols have been put in place to balance supporting student needs and safety through distance learning.
Here are some helpful resources mentioned by our presenters:
- Presentation slides.
- Hawaiʻi Pacific University COVID-19 response:
- University of Hawaiʻi response:
- University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Office of Public Health research and response:
- Food Insecurity in Hawaiʻi Using a Population-Based Sample: A Data Brief.
- Master of Public Health students, Angel Lynn Talana and Taylor Ronquillo have created a COVID-19 Resource Guide and Volunteer Opportunities Guide as part of their special practicum. This includes information about COVID-19 parenting resources, childcare services, food support, financial support, and more. They also compiled a volunteer list for those who wish to help communities in need. These lists are updated regularly so make sure to check for any updated resources and volunteer opportunities.
Mahalo for your interest and support; if you have appreciated the information in our COVID-19 webinar series, please consider donating to help us continue this work!