COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
WEBINAR 2. VIEW FROM THE FRONT LINE
A panel of medical and health professionals take us through preparing for and treating patients diagnosed with COVID-19, and how public health advocates can best support Hawaii’s healthcare system and workers when seeking treatment.
Here are some helpful resources mentioned by our panelists:
Dr. Justin T. Huggins, M.D., Emergency Medicine
- Article about local man’s experience.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines.
- World Health Organization Recommendations and Updates.
Patrick Switzer, Registered Nurse
- Queen’s Medical Center COVID-19 Infoline (talk to a registered Nurse about COVID-19; open 24/7). (808) 691-2619.
- Hawaiʻi Pacific Health Virtual Clinic (8a.m. – 8p.m. daily) (808) 462-5430 (press option 2).
- Hawaiʻi Data Collaborative COVID-19 information.
- Hawaiʻi Towards Zero.
- CDC guidelines on cleaning/disinfecting to reduce viral load if someone in your home is sick.
- Discussions on how to re-shape public policy regarding our epidemic of Americans without access to health care, via Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP).
Thank you also to our third panelist, Claudia Hartz, Community Health Worker, West Hawaiʻi Community Health Center.