COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
WEBINAR 20. Utilizing Data to Drive Reopening Decisions
In an era of rapidly changing conditions we need to make decisions and act quickly in response to COVID-19. Science and data play a critical role, with evidence-based solutions needed to build trust and common understanding. Join us as we highlight data from the Hawai‘i Data Collaborative and how data is informing the City’s reopening. We will also examine the City and County of Honolulu’s reopening tier system and the data being utilized in decision making.
Here are some helpful links from the presentation:
- Presentation slides
- Hawaiʻi Data Collaborative: Working to promote a culture of data-informed decision making by making data more accessible, relevant, and meaningful. Currently responding to an unprecedented demand for timely data and collaborating with many sectors.
- Hawaiʻi Pandemic Applied Modeling: Takes COVID-19 data and translates it from an expert perspective. Includes localized forecast of likely spread of the virus.
- COVID Pau: Project of the Hawai‘i COVID Collaborative, a hui of private businesses and nonprofit organizations, aiming to turn data into knowledge and knowledge into action to get the virus under control.
- City and County of Honolulu Reopening Strategy: Includes guidance on tier system for different sectors and tracker graphic, updated weekly on a Thursday.
- Hawaiʻi State Department of Health COVID-19 Data Dashboard: Aggregator for COVID-19 data including prevention and detection, current situation and treatment and outcomes.
Mahalo for your interest and support; if you have appreciated the information in our COVID-19 webinar series, please consider donating to help us continue this work!