COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
Webinar 25. Climate Justice: Vulnerability and Resilience to COVID-19
Keeping the people in Hawai‘i safe and healthy, is dependent on healthy ecosystems & environmental justice. Lauren Ballesteros-Watanabe and Dr. Alan Friedlander share the environmental impacts of COVID-19 and how we can take action to protect public health by advocating for a just energy system and protection of our marine life!
Here are some helpful links from the presentation:
- Presentation Slides
- Hawai‘i Department of Land and Natural Resources
- Sierra Club of Hawai‘i
- Action for Bill Forgiveness
- Energy Justice Colloquiums for Students
- National Geographic
- Hawai‘i Community Foundation
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Kuaʻāina Ulu ʻAuamo (KUA)
- ʻĀina Aloha Economic Futures
Mahalo for your interest and support; if you have appreciated the information in our COVID-19 webinar series, please consider donating to help us continue this work!
Note: Views expressed by panelists are their own and do not necessarily reflect Hawaiʻi Public Health Institute policies or positions.