COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
COVID-19 Vaccines & the Workplace: Employer & Employee Rights
A vaccine requirement is viewed as a safety measure meant to protect the health of employees, clients, students and others in workplaces. Can employers require employees to be vaccinated? Can they incentivize vaccination? Should they? Our experts will discuss employers’ and employees’ rights, obligations and risks related to the COVID-19 vaccine along with the latest legal developments and guidance. We will also include a brief update on progress in administering the COVID-19 vaccine in Hawai‘i.
Here are some helpful links from the presentation:
- Presentation Slides
- Hawaiʻi State Department of Health
- United States Department of Labor
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Job Accommodations Network (JAN)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
- Religious Objections Over COVID-19 Vaccination Explained
Mahalo for your interest and support; if you have appreciated the information in our COVID-19 webinar series, please consider donating to help us continue this work!
Note: Views expressed by panelists are their own and do not necessarily reflect Hawaiʻi Public Health Institute policies or positions.