COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
Webinar 29. What to expect as the eviction moratorium ends
A statewide eviction moratorium was put into effect in April 2020 and will be lifted on August 6, 2021. Want to know your rights as a local landlord or tenant? Want to learn how you can support your patients or community through understanding the eviction process for non-payment of rent under Act 57? We will dive into resources available to both renters and homeowners.
Here are some helpful links from the presentation:
- Presentation slides
- Legal Aid Society of Hawai‘i
- Apply online for Legal Services or call 808-536-4302 option 1
- CDC Press Release: Temporary Protection from Eviction in Communities with High Levels of COVID-19 Transmission
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Approved Housing Counseling Agencies in Hawai‘i
- Rental and Utility Assistance Programs
- Kahumana’s Rapid Rehousing
- 15-Day Notice for Non-Payment of Rent Templates
- Mediation Services
- Oʻahu residents: Mediation Center of the Pacific
- East Hawai‘i residents: Ku‘ikahi Mediation Center
- West Hawai‘i residents: West Hawai‘i Mediation Center
- Maui residents: Maui Mediation Services
- Kauaʻi residents: Kaua‘i Economic Opportunity, Inc. Mediation Program at (808) 245-4077 x229 or x237 or email@example.com
Mahalo for your interest and support; if you have appreciated the information in our COVID-19 webinar series, please consider donating to help us continue this work!
Note: Views expressed by panelists are their own and do not necessarily reflect Hawaiʻi Public Health Institute policies or positions.