COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
Webinar 32. How To Communicate about vaccination
Vaccinations are one of the most important tools we have to fight COVID-19, yet some members of our community are hesitant. Convincing our vaccine-hesitant friends, families and neighbors will take patience, kindness, and empathy – something we all need during these challenging times. Have questions on how to talk to loved ones or community members about getting vaccinated? Or how to address misinformation around COVID-19? Join us as experts address how to approach conversations around vaccinations.
Here are some helpful links from the presentation:
- Presentation slides
- State of Hawaiʻi COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Maui County
- Kaua‘i County
- Hawai‘i County
- City & County of Honolulu
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
- Unbranded collateral you are free to edit and use!
- Public Health Communications Collaborative
- COVID-19 Vaccination Education
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques
- OARS Model: Essential Communication Skills
Mahalo for your interest and support; if you have appreciated the information in our COVID-19 webinar series, please consider donating to help us continue this work!
Note: Views expressed by panelists are their own and do not necessarily reflect Hawaiʻi Public Health Institute policies or positions.