COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
WEBINAR 7. Family First: How to Support Your Keiki Learning from Home and Coping with Stress
Join experts on childrenʻs education, health and wellness as they provide help and resources for those parents crisis schooling your keiki. Find out where to go for social and emotional support, and how best to support your children to cope with stress in a healthy way, as we prepare for what “the new normal” might look like for education.
Here are the presentation slides and some helpful resources mentioned by our presenters:
- Hawaiʻi Childrenʻs Action Network COVID-19 resource map, including child care, family centers, food for keiki, kūpunaand others, health sites, masks, screening sites, and shelters.
- “Almost all parents feel judged, almost all the time”, National Parent Survey Findings.
- Executive Office on Early Learning, State of Hawaiʻi: COVID-19 Resources.
- ACES Connection National Site and ACES Connection Hawaiʻi Site: Daily digest, weekly round-up and latest research, surveys, downloads, presentations, and “Ask the Community” members supported area.
- Kūkulu Kumuhana: Native Hawaiian Wellbeing During COVID-19.
- PBS resources for parents.
- Purple Maiʻa coding and other online classes for keiki and parents.
- National Association for Young Children: Coping with COVID-19 resources.
- Early childhood education resources: Partners In Development Foundation, Keiki O Ka ʻĀina, INPEACE.
- STEM Education: Mālama ʻĀina Foundation.