COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ACTION.
WEBINAR 9. COVID-19 Impact on Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Communities
Join Drs. Keawe Kaholokula, Sheri Daniels, and Raynald Samoa, as they discuss the higher rates of COVID-19 cases among Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders, the socioeconomic and social determinants of health underlying these higher rates, and the actions taken to date, and yet needed, to address this issue at the local and national levels.
Here are some helpful resources mentioned by our presenters:
- Presentation slides.
- Contact Dr. Raynald Samoa of City of Hope via email.
- Contact Dr. Sheri Daniels of Papa Ola Lōkahi via email or by calling (808) 597-6550.
- National response efforts: The Pacific Islander COVID-19 Response Team is a national group of Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (NHPI) researchers, health experts, community leaders and advocates formed to plan and implement infrastructure for informing and supporting families and communities about COVID-19.
- Pacific Island-based response efforts: Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander COVID-19 Response Team. For updates on the webinar series or to join the response team (all are welcome), please reach out via email.
- Papa Ola Lōkahi COVID-19 website.
- Hawaiʻi Department of Health COVID-19 epidemic curve and race data.