Periodically, the Public Health Training Hui conducts a survey to understand the training needs of Hawaii’s public health workforce and plan future trainings. We need your help!
We are seeking responses by February 7, 2020, from a wide range of professionals who work to improve the health and wellness of Hawaii’s communities:
- Public health and science professionals
- Social service professionals
- Community health professionals
- Healthcare providers (doctors, nurses, etc.)
- Support staff (administrative assistants, etc.)
- Business (fiscal staff, HR, etc.) working for health/public health organizations
- Complementary and indigenous practitioners
- Educators and wellness staff at schools
- Managers/supervisors and directors/executives of organizations
Benefits of Participating:
- Better understand your own training needs and professional development goals.
- Supervisors and managers will have the opportunity to assess their team’s needs as well.
- Participants will be able to download a PDF copy of their responses at the end of the survey.
- Confidentiality: all individual responses are kept confidential.
The survey is divided into 3-sections:
- General Information (5 mins): demographics, occupation, qualifications, work setting, and future plans (i.e., retirement plans).
- Training Needs and Preferences (5 to 15 mins): understand what type of training people need, e.g., public health topics, technology and professional trainings.
- Competency Self-Assessment (10 to 20 mins – recommended but optional): self-rating of public health skills, knowledge, and experiences. To skip this section, press “next” until you reach the end of the survey. If you would like to assess your public health competency level in Section 3, please remember to scroll sideways to view all possible answer options.
At the end, you can download a PDF of your responses to keep for future reference.
The survey will be open until 5:00 p.m., February 7, 2020.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.