Periodically, the Public Health Training Hui conducts a survey to understand the training needs of Hawaii’s public health workforce and plan future trainings. We need your help!
We are seeking responses by end January 2020 from a wide range of professionals who work to improve the health and wellness of Hawaii’s communities:
- Public health and science professionals
- Social service professionals
- Community health professionals
- Healthcare providers (doctors, nurses, etc.)
- Support staff (administrative assistants, etc.)
- Business (fiscal staff, HR, etc.) working for health/public health organizations
- Complementary and indigenous practitioners
- Educators and wellness staff at schools
- Managers/supervisors and directors/executives of organizations
Benefits of Participating:
- Better understand your own training needs and professional development goals.
- Supervisors and managers will have the opportunity to assess their team’s needs as well.
- Participants will be able to download a PDF copy of their responses at the end of the survey.
- Confidentiality: all individual responses are kept confidential.
The survey is divided into 3-sections:
- General Information (5 mins): demographics, occupation, qualifications, work setting, and future plans (i.e., retirement plans).
- Training Needs and Preferences (5 to 15 mins): understand what type of training people need, e.g., public health topics, technology and professional trainings.
- Competency Self-Assessment (10 to 20 mins – recommended but optional): self-rating of public health skills, knowledge, and experiences.
The survey will be open until the end of January 2020.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.