Join our passionate group of individuals and organizations focused on eliminating health disparities in our community through health awareness, education, advocacy, and promotion of tobacco-free living!
Our primary objectives include:
- Prevention of youth initiation of tobacco/vape products
- Promoting adult & youth nicotine addiction treatment and resources
- Eliminating exposure to second-hand smoke/vape aerosol.
- Eliminating disparities in tobacco/vape use among the population.
- Building and strengthening capacity in our community through trainings, professional development and networking
- Building youth leadership skills in advocacy
Kealoha joined HIPHI in March 2023 as the West Hawai‘i Tobacco and HEAL Coalition Coordinator. Before joining HIPHI, Kealoha was engaged in tobacco education, coalition, and policy work with Tobacco-Free Hawai‘i Island for three years. She worked as a certified tobacco treatment specialist, where she helped her community quit their tobacco use and encourage healthier lifestyles and helped organize the youth coalition on Hawai‘i Island, the Hawai‘i Island Youth Academy.
Kealoha was born and raised in Hakipu‘u, O‘ahu, and moved to Hawai‘i Island in 2003, currently residing in the beautiful town of Waimea. During her free time, Kealoha enjoys planting succulents, being outdoors, going to the beach, and spending time with family.