Here are some helpful links from the presentation:
- Recent articles of interest
- Legacy and Recommitment to Advocacy, Equality, Justice for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and All Racial Groups – Doris Ching & Amefil (Amy) Agbayani, Feb 16, 2021.
- Immigrants and Migrants in Hawai’i: Essential Contributors to the State’s Workforce and Economy – New American Economy Fund, May 14, 2021
- COVID-19 and Pacific Islander Communities in Hawai‘i – A Report of the Hawai‘i Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, May 2021, and associated Honolulu Civil Beat piece: How Biden And Hawaii Could Address COVID-19 Disparities Among Pacific Islanders.
- Hawaiʻi Civil Rights Commission.
- Recent resolutions at the Hawaiʻi State Legislature
- SCR66 SD1 HD1, Condemning and Denouncing All Forms of Anti-Asian Sentiment and All Acts of Racism, Xenophobia, Intolerance, Discrimination, Hate Crime, and Hate Speech Against Asian Americans and Asian Individuals in the United States and Requesting the Hawaii Civil Rights Commission to Analyze and Report on Anti-Asian Sentiment and Acts in the State.
- HCR154 SD1, Condemning All Forms of Anti-Asian Sentiment as Related to COVID-19; Urging Greater Investment in Federal, State, and Local Resources to Develop and Support Community‑Wide Solutions; and Requesting the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice to Identify and Analyze Incidents Based on Anti-Asian and Anti-Pacific Islander Sentiment and Disporportionate Numbers of Homicides of Asian-Asians and Pacific Islanders by Law Enforcement.
- HCR112 SD1, Declaring Racism as a Public Health Crisis.
- Anti-Asian Hate and Systemic Racism: Are we at an inflection point for change?, Dartmouth College Webinar.
- AAJA Studio, bringing together Asian American and Pacific Islander voices.
- Stop Repeating History, campaign to educate the public on the importance of political engagement and how we can all take action against hate.
- Hollaback training, offering bystander intervention and de-escalation trainings adapted to support the AANHPI community.
- New American Leaders, training New Americans to run for office.
Mahalo for your interest and support; if you have appreciated the information in our COVID-19 webinar series, please consider donating to help us continue this work!
Note: Views expressed by panelists are their own and do not necessarily reflect Hawaiʻi Public Health Institute policies or positions.