Lauren Loor is the Statewide Program Manager for Healthy Eating + Active Living (HEAL) Initiative.…
COMING SOON IN 2023: LUNCH & LEARNS + HCIHW MEMBERSHIP
As we say goodbye to 2022 and prepare for the upcoming year, there is a lot to keep an eye out for in the year 2023. Our HICHW Workforce Development team will be launching monthly Lunch and Learns to assist in the development of the CHW profession.
This specific time slot is allotted for CHWs to receive training and participate in discussion desired by CHWs. Upcoming trainings will include tobacco cessation intervention, asthma, and other training on chronic diseases. In addition, potential topics that are in the works include expanding discussion on built environment efforts and self-care for CHWs. If you are interested in these training opportunities or upcoming discussions, please contact Rosi Handy at email@example.com to be added to the wait list.
Also launching in 2023 is the official membership sign up for the association! Current CHWs, CHW students, and Allies are invited to join this membership. Benefits will include access to CHW/Ally specific information and scholarships/opportunities for future HICHW events and projects.
GET INVOLVED WITH HICHW
Check out our hichw.org website and learn more about ways to get involved.
Join A Committee: Take an active role in the association to share skills, knowledge and expertise by joining a committee:
- Advocacy and Policy
- Hui Ho‘okahua (Aloha Committee)
- Conference Planning
- Workforce Development/Resources
Events: Join our last meeting for the year! Our CHW Only Meetings occur every month on the third Thursdays. Add these meeting details directly to your calendar:
Get Connected, Stay Connected
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @HawaiiCHWA to stay connected with the association and all CHW happenings throughout Hawai‘i.
- Join our listserv to get monthly newsletters and additional resources sent directly to you: Stay Informed.
- To learn more about how you can support CHWs throughout the state of Hawai‘i, please contact Rosi Handy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 591-6508 ext.11.
To connect with the HICHW Association Leadership Council or to learn more about how you can support CHWs throughout the state of Hawai‘i, please contact Rosi at email@example.com or (808) 591-6508 ext.11.