HIPHI Community Coalition Coordinator for Maui County
HIPHI seeks an experienced community-driven individual to lead and grow a HEAL coalition in the County of Maui. This position reports to the Executive Director and the Programs Director. See job description here.
- Develops, staffs and facilitates an active and representative HEAL coalition.
- Works to support the state Physical Activity and Nutrition (PAN) Plan strategies.
- Develops and implements community initiative projects. Demonstrates leadership in broad outreach to disparately-affected populations and provides ongoing training and technical assistance in nutrition and physical activity to enhance capacity of coalition members.
- Initiates community building and actively build grassroots networks. Works with stakeholders to develop a work plan supporting the PAN strategies.
- Plans, coordinates and implements community meetings and events.
- Prepares reports and related documents as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or an Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college with 3 years of progressively related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years experience working in public health and community building; ideally working in or with disparate populations.
- Experience working with coalitions and partners.
- Knowledge of public health issues and stakeholders in Hawai‘i.
- Strong critical thinking, written and verbal skills; able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Multitask-oriented with strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Grant reporting experience.
- Computer, web and social media savvy.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline to apply: September 22, 2017